This miracle is changing how we fight cancer.
New cancer treatments are accelerating at astounding rates. Cancer is not necessarily the death sentence it once was!
Now it’s possible to analyze a person’s DNA, see the person’s entire genetic makeup, find the spot where the cancer started, and often kill it at its source.
This breakthrough is called genomic sequencing. This approach can identify the exact genes that mutated, that caused your cancer. Once those genes are identified, oncologists create a treatment plan that targets the problem genes to eradicate the cancer.
Genomic sequencing is helping cancer patients throughout the world in ways previously unimagined.
Research has shown that cancer is unique for each person. Knowing a person’s genetic information allows for personalized medicine, sometimes called precision medicine.
No longer do patients need to be treated by “what works for most people”—which has often been massive doses of a single chemotherapy drug. Through genomic sequencing, oncologists directly target the genetic mutations that are causing the cancer. In many cases they use a multi-drug treatment plan, often with lower doses of chemotherapy, making the treatment more effective and less toxic.
For many, the results have been astounding.
People who have been told their cancer was chronic, incurable and terminal are often achieving remission. Their cancer is not just being stabilized; it is being eradicated!
My diagnosis was Liver Bile Duct Cancer Stage 4—incurable—with just a few years to live. Yet, a short time later my tumors were blackened and dying. Today I am cancer free, with no evidence of disease.
Positive results like this are breaking out around the globe through the use of genomic sequencing. A few years ago, only a handful of clinics used it, but mounting success of clinical trials is re-shaping cancer care everywhere.
Hopehasarrived.com is not built by doctors. We are simply patients and caregivers who found this approach life-saving and want to give you hope that treatments like this are available today.
We had the opportunity to interview two experts about genomic sequencing, Dr. Brian Leyland-Jones and Dr. Razelle Kurzrock who are featured in the videos of this section. Here is what we learned from them:
- Cancer is a disease of the genes. Cancer is caused by aberrations (defects) in your genes. These defects are the drivers of cancer.
- Genomic sequencing can identify defective genes which may be causing your cancer. Genomic sequencing will search the billions of segments of your DNA chain to identify the drivers of your cancer.
- Everyone’s cancer is different.The characteristics of your tumors are unique to you. Thus, old standards of care which called for massive doses of a single chemotherapy (with devastating effect) are often being replaced by multi-drug therapies, which may have much lower toxicity than chemotherapy and are approved by the FDA.
- Multi-drug therapies can help defeat your cancer. Just as multi-drug therapies were the key to defeating tuberculosis and AIDS, they are now helping defeat cancer…both the cancer present in the body and killing the cancer at the source.
- Ask your oncologist about genomic sequencing in your fight against cancer. Genomic sequencing is sweeping the world of cancer care, but changes in medicine are slow to be adopted. Many oncologists feel most comfortable staying with traditional approaches. You should be sure that your cancer center offers the option of genomic sequencing.
The hope of new treatments like genomic sequencing
We are not recommending any clinic in particular. Nor are we saying that genomic sequencing will cure your cancer. Again, we are not doctors!
But we are saying that you owe it to yourself, and your family to investigate this breakthrough, to ask your oncologist about it, to see if genomic sequencing can help you in your fight against cancer.
As we learned firsthand, finding medical breakthroughs is a critical part of hope on your cancer journey. And hope is what we want you to find. The purpose of Hope Has Arrived, is to help you find hope, strength and peace against cancer.
Dealing with fear
No matter what treatment plan you choose, there is still fear in battling cancer. There are emotionally wrenching thoughts about how to get through it and uncertainty about the future.
We have found there is only one reliable source of hope, and that is through a relationship with God. You might not believe in God or you might be blaming God for your cancer wanting nothing to do with him. But he wants to walk with you through this, give you strength, give you direction, and comfort and legitimate hope. God is bigger than your cancer.
We recommend these articles on our site. As with cancer treatment, it is important to consider all your options…including being aware of the hope that God is offering you:
Note: We are not doctors and we cannot answer your medical questions. However, we welcome your questions about finding hope and knowing God.